Welcome to Mogul News’s terms and conditions. Mogul News is a digital subscription service for news & analysis from leading publishers and journalists in one place
1. Here are some definitions of terms used throughout this document
- means the Mogul News mobile application available from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store
- these terms and conditions as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 13.
- the contract between Mogul News and You for the supply of Services in accordance with these Conditions.
- controller, processor, data subject, personal data, personal data breach, processing and appropriate technical and organisational measures
- as defined in the Data Protection Legislation.
- Customer Data
- the data inputted by You for the purpose of using the Services or facilitating Your use of the Services.
- Data Protection Legislation”
- the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other European Union legislation relating to personal data and all other legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time which apply to a party relating to the use of personal data (including, without limitation, the privacy of electronic communications); and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the relevant data protection or supervisory authority and applicable to a party.
- Free Trial
- has the meaning given in clause 2.3.
- means the period from the Start Date until the Contract is cancelled in accordance with clause 11, including any Period of Free Trial or Subscription
- Mogul News
- means The Market Mogul Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales, with the company number 09367922, and with a registered office at Mogul News, 79 Borough Road, London, England, SE1 1FY.
- means available via the Website or App.
- Personal Link
- A personal URL unique to each Referrer.
- means Mogul News’s referral programme.
- means the person being referred.
- means You, a Mogul News customer making a referral.
- means the reward amount offered by Mogul News under the Programme. The Reward will vary by campaign. The active Reward for a Referrer is shown on their personal “Invite your friend” dashboard page.
- means a digital subscription service for news & analysis.
- Sign-Up Date
- The date the Recruit informs Mogul News, via enrolment Online, that they want to purchase a Subscription.
- Start Date
- means as set out in clause 2.2.
- the subscription purchased by You pursuant to clause 8.1 which entitle You to access and use the Services in accordance with these Conditions.
- Subscription Fees
- the subscription fees payable by You to Mogul News for the Subscription, as set out Online. Subscriptions may be paid monthly, or 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months in advance.
- UK Data Protection Legislation
- all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679); the Data Protection Act 2018; the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC (as updated by Directive 2009/136/EC) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended.
- means individuals who are accessing or using the Programme either as a Referrer or as a Recruit referred to Mogul News’s Services
- means https://mogul.news, https://mogulnews.com or https://mgln.ws
- You or Yours
- means the person who purchases Services from the Supplier.
2. Signing up to Mogul News
2.1 Mogul News will, during Your Membership, provide the Services to You on and subject to these Conditions.
2.2 The details of the Mogul News subscriptions available to purchase are set out on the Website or in the App. You can sign up for a Subscription by creating an account and providing Your payment details either through the Website or any other payment method nominated by Mogul News from time to time. This is an offer to buy Services, or use a Free Trial, in accordance with these Conditions. Mogul News’s acceptance of Your offer will take place when Mogul News email You to accept it, at which time a Contract shall come into existence between You and Mogul News, and this date is known as the Start Date.
2.3 You may take advantage of a Free Trial where access to the Services is made available free of charge for a period specified Online (hereinafter “Free Trial”). Free Trials are limited to one per person. You will be required to provide Your payment details upon signing up to the Free Trial, and on expiry of the Free Trial, if You have not cancelled, You will automatically be signed up to a paid Subscription. If You start a Free Trial and then sign up for a Subscription during the Free Trial, the Free Trial will automatically end on starting of the Subscription. At the expiry of a Free Trial, the paid Subscription shall start automatically, unless You have notified Mogul News of Your intention to cancel no less than 24 hours before the expiry of the Free Trial.
2.4 If You sign up to a Free Trial or purchase a Subscription in accordance with these Conditions, Mogul News grants to You a non-exclusive, non-transferable right, without the right to grant sublicences, to use the Services during the Membership solely for Your personal use.
2.5 You shall not:
2.5.1 except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties and except to the extent expressly permitted under these Conditions:
188.8.131.52 attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Website or App (as applicable) in any form or media or by any means; or
184.108.40.206 attempt to de-compile, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Website or App; or
2.5.2 access all or any part of the Services in order to build a product or service which competes with the Services; or
2.5.3 use the Services to provide services to third parties; or
2.5.4 license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the Services available to any third party, or
2.5.5 attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Services, other than as provided under this clause 2.
2.6 You shall use all reasonable endeavours to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Services and, in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify Mogul News.
2.7 The rights provided under this clause 2 are granted to You only, and shall not be considered granted to any other party.
3. Customer data
3.1 You shall own all right, title and interest in and to all of the Customer Data that is not personal data and shall have sole responsibility for the legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy and quality of all such Customer Data.
3.2 In the event of any loss or damage to Customer Data, Your sole and exclusive remedy against Mogul News shall be for Mogul News to use reasonable commercial endeavours to restore the lost or damaged Customer Data from the latest back-up of such Customer Data maintained by Mogul News. Mogul News shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of Customer Data caused by any third party (except those third parties sub-contracted by Mogul News to perform services related to Customer Data).
4. Third party providers
You acknowledge that the Services may enable or assist You to access the website content created by third-party websites and You do so solely at Your own risk. Mogul News makes no representation, warranty or commitment and shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever in relation to the content created by any third-party.
5. Supplier’s obligations
5.1 Mogul News undertakes that the Services will be performed with reasonable skill and care.
5.2 Notwithstanding the foregoing, Mogul News:
5.2.1 does not warrant that Your use of the Services or any content accessed through the Services will be available uninterrupted or error-free; or that the Services will meet Your requirements; and
5.2.2 is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, and You acknowledge that the Services may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
5.3 Mogul News guarantees that it has and will maintain all necessary licences, consents, and permissions necessary for the performance of its obligations under these Conditions.
6. Customer’s obligations
6.1 You shall:
6.1.1 without affecting its other obligations under these Conditions, comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to its activities under these Conditions;
6.1.2 ensure that its network and systems comply with the relevant specifications provided by Mogul News from time to time; and
7.1 Mogul News shall offer referral schemes from time to time and details of these schemes and the rewards available for successful participation shall be set out Online.
7.2 Referrers must be existing subscribers. Recruits must not have already signed up to Mogul News or be an existing subscriber in the preceding 12 months, under any email address or alias.
7.3 The Recruit must use the Referrer’s Personal Link to sign up to Mogul News. Referrals claimed retrospectively are not eligible and will not be rewarded. Mogul News is not responsible for failure to issue Rewards resulting from an incorrectly quoted Personal Link.
7.4 A Referrer or a Recruit will not receive more than one Reward each.
7.5 Rewards are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold. Upon termination of the Programme or any portion thereof for any reason, or upon cancellation of a Membership account for any reason, any unredeemed Rewards accumulated by the User are forfeited. Rewards that have been added as credit to the User’s account are considered redeemed and will be refunded to the User on termination of a User’s account.
7.6 Every Reward advertised on Online will be subject to these Conditions. In addition, the Reward will be subject to any specific or bespoke terms notified to You at the time You register for the Programme.
7.7 Personal Links should only be used by individuals for personal and non-commercial purposes.
7.8 You must make it clear when referring a friend that it is a personal recommendation and that You do not represent Mogul News or any Mogul News employee when promoting Your Personal Link.
7.9 No paid advertising of Personal Links is allowed across any search engine or social media platform.
7.10 If a Referrer provides a Personal Link to a Recruit by email, the email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members.
7.11 By submitting an email address to Mogul News, the Referrer represents that he/she has the Recruit’s prior consent.
7.12 Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Personal Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or \”spam\” is expressly prohibited.
7.13 Each User is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. A User who does not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, shall indemnify Mogul News against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of such spam.
7.14 Personal Links may not be posted or shared on review platforms such as, but not limited to Trustpilot and Google reviews. This is to protect the integrity of reviews.
7.15 Personal Links may not be posted or shared in reply to Mogul News’s platforms, or Mogul News’s profiles on other platforms. This includes but is not limited to Mogul News’s social media pages. This is to ensure that these platforms remain a place for their intended content and discussions.
7.16 Mogul News may suspend Your rewards account at any time should You be in breach of the Conditions.
7.17 If we suspend Your rewards account for any reason, we may refuse to provide You the right to receive any Rewards.
7.18 Mogul News may suspend the Programme at any time for any reason.
8. Charges and payment
8.1 You shall pay the Subscription Fees to Mogul News for the Subscription in accordance with this clause 8, within seven days of the due date for that payment.
8.2 The payment of the Subscription Fees shall be via a third party payment provided as nominated by Mogul News from time to time.
8.3 If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and You do not cancel Your account, Mogul News may suspend Your access to the Service until it has successfully received the payment.
8.4 Interest shall accrue on late payment on a daily basis on such due amounts at an annual rate equal to 3% over the then current base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time, starting on the due date and continuing until fully paid, whether before or after judgment.
8.5 All amounts and fees stated or referred to in these Conditions:
8.5.1 shall be payable in pounds sterling or United States Dollars;
8.5.2 are inclusive of value added tax.
8.6 Mogul News shall be entitled to increase the Subscription Fees upon giving 30 days’ prior notice to You.
9. Proprietary rights
9.1 You acknowledge and agree that Mogul News and/or its licensors own all intellectual property rights in the Services. Except as expressly stated herein, these Conditions do not grant You any rights to, under or in, any patents, copyright, database right, trade secrets, trade names, trade marks, or logos (whether registered or unregistered), or any other rights or licences in respect of the Services.
9.2 Mogul News confirms that it has all the rights in relation to the Services that are necessary to grant all the rights it purports to grant under, and in accordance with, these Conditions.
10. Limitation of liability
10.1 Mogul News does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Mogul News’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors and liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
10.2 Notwithstanding clause 10.1 above, Mogul News liability to You under the Contract is limited to a sum equal to the total the Subscription Fees paid in the 12 month period immediately preceding the date on which the claim arose.
10.3 Mogul News is not liable for business losses. Mogul News only supplies the Services for domestic and private use. If You use the Services for any commercial or business purpose Mogul News will have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10.4 The content provided as part of the Services is provided on an “as is” basis, for information purposes only, and You shall not take any action, or refrain from taking any action, based on the information that You receive as part of the Services.
11.1 The Contract shall, unless otherwise cancelled as provided in this clause 11, start on the Start Date and shall continue on a rolling monthly basis and can be cancelled or suspended at any time by advising Mogul News via the Website or Mobile Application. If you cancel, you will still be able access the services for the duration of any period that you have paid for in advance.
11.2 If You commence a Free Trial and make an upfront payment of Subscription Fees You shall be entitled to a full refund if You cancel before the expiry of the Free Trial.
11.3 If You elect not to take a Free Trial, and start a paid Subscription from the outset, You may cancel the Subscription within 14 days of the Commencement Date, and You will be entitled to a refund of any Subscription Fees paid within this period.
12. Force majeur
Mogul News shall have no liability to You under these Conditions if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under these Conditions, by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control.
No variation of these Conditions shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
14. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
If Mogul News does not insist immediately that You do anything You are required to do under these terms, or if Mogul News delays in taking steps against You in respect of You breaking this contract, that will not mean that You do not have to do those things and it will not prevent Mogul News taking steps against You at a later date.
15. Rights and remedies
Except as expressly provided in these Conditions, the rights and remedies provided under these Conditions are in addition to, and not exclusive of, any rights or remedies provided by law.
Each of the paragraphs of these Conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Mogul News may transfer its rights and obligations under in connection with the Contract to another organisation. You may not transfer any rights or obligations under the Contract.
18. Third party rights
This contract is between Mogul News and You. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Conditions.
19. Information about us and how to contact us
- 19.1 Who we are.
- We are The Market Mogul Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales, with the company number 09367922, and with a registered office at Mogul News, 79 Borough Road, London, England, SE1 1FY.
- 19.2 How to contact us.
- You can contact us via our Website, or App.
- 19.3 How we may contact You.
- If we have to contact You we will do so by writing to you at the email address or any postal address You provided to us.
- 19.4 “Writing” includes emails.
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
20. Which laws apply to this contract
These terms are governed by the Laws of England and Wales and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the goods in the courts of England and Wales.